Friday, July 20, 2007

Primadipartire

On the 11th of July 2005 Ciro Eugenio Milani, 26, kills himself in a city in Northern Italy jumping off a bridge in the Adda river. During the previous one hundred days, he had begun to keep a blog titled Primadipartire: Diario pubblico di un aspirante suicida , the introduction to which stated: 


“This is the public diary of a suicidal. I have made my mind clear, I know what I’m going to do and when […] Feel free to comment what I write”.




"Moving Ahead.

Suicide is now a fixed thought, a recurring idea throughout the day.

Thinking about killing myself has become normal, a constant dialogue with me that sometimes escapes me riskily and is heard by those around me.

"Hey Luca, what are you saying?"

"Nothing in particular, I was thinking about how to kill myself"

As I explained a few days ago, paradoxically, suicide gives me the strength to continue each day. "




"The last meal.

There are things that I must do first before leaving, as I recently wrote in a previous post, fixing the house […], paying the bills.

In this task there are things that have priority

A bit like the last meal of a death row inmate

I wish I could go abroad, visit Japan. "


http://primadipartire.weblogs.us

No comments:

Post a Comment