Tuesday, October 31, 2006

[…]  A religion teacher I had, tried to help me once and told me this story:
There was once a town, with a church and a priest that was so kind and devoted, everyone thought of him as a saint. Once it rained so much that the town flooded they tried to evacuate the town, but the priest was not willing to do so himself. He had been such a good person that he knew god will save him. So then when the water was 1m high a man in a boat came and told him to jump in so he would be saves, but the priest told him that he wouldn’t, because god will save him.
Then when water was over 3m high a helicopter came to rescue the priest that was swimming desperately, but the priest wouldn’t get onto the ladder, he was convinced that god was going to save him for.

The water kept growing and the priest drowned.

 Once he got to heaven the first thing he said was – “god? Why didn’t you try to save me?” – God surprised, answered – “I didn’t try?First I sent the police to evacuate the zone, then I sent a boat to rescue you, and then I sent a helicopter to save your life. You were the one who didn’t want to be rescued” –
What do we learn from this story? […]


No comments:

Post a Comment